Maradadhi Fabric Range

Maradadhi Fabric Range
Shop and Studio 49 Eden Rd Claremont Cape Town 0828113314 or 021 7610512.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Hand Printed Cushions


These hand printed cushions, I am selling at Kiretenbosch Craft Market. I am a guest crafter at the moment, so that means that I don't get a stand every month. The market is held the last Sunday of the month through out the summer months. It really is such a lovely place to sell your crafts, under the trees, right under table mountain. My Protea design was developed from the pin cushion proteas that grow in Kirstenbosch Gardens. I sat and drew the flowers from life in the gardens on a peaceful winters morning. Then took the drawing home and worked on them in my studio. I wanted to develop a design that would be a contemporary floral stylised version of my drawings.

I print the designs that I have cut from lanolin by hand. I press the lanolin down by hand and roller. I print on a cotton linen mix. These prints are colour fast and improve with washing and ironing! The fabric base cloth I use is soft but hard wearing.

I have three deigns that I am using at the moment, Maradadhi Heart, Paisley and the Protea. I am always working on other ideas and will let you know went I have printed something..

I am busy developing my Paisley design with Silk and Cotton Co, which is very exciting, we hope to launch early next year. These designs will be printed on a much larger scale, at Print Works, here in Cape Town. They will be mono prints on a white linen/cotton base cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment